Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaskie

Not growing up with brothers had it's perks...until about 5 years ago when I realized how much I missed out with them also. Here's the reason I talked Mark out of going to Lake Powell. About 6-7 years ago I asked Tanner and Trenton to come help me ask Zach to a dance. They happily agreed while the older brothers found it a bit odd, little did we all know how close we were all going to get. 5 years ago I remember sitting in the front yard, holding a crying 14 year old Tanner as we were saying goodbye to his brother for the next two years. Three weeks went by and it was time for Jon and Jer to depart. The day they left Ninnon text me from Jons phone asking if I would come hang out with him and T the next day. I happily agreed and every week for the following two years I spent one night a week with these two. We went mini golfing, bowling, sledding, watched more movies than I have in the 3 years since then, and I even took them toilet papering. When T got into high school there were days that we would go to lunch together, I attended his soccer games, and of course bugged him about dating. The older he got the more I bugged him about working, college, mission, and how his gaming time needs to minimize! Sunday was his mission farewell. I couldn't be more happy for him. Saturday night T and I were chatting on facebook and I noticed that I am going to miss him and our daily chats more than I thought. Sunday morning came and as we were singing the opening hymn I leaned over to Jon and said "Great already getting emotional, I'm totally going to cry!" He did such a great job, still T but I have seen him mature so much in the last little bit. Two years is going to fly by. California is about to get one of the best missionaries ever! I'm so proud of you T! I truly love him like a little brother, even when he is obnoxious, annoying and everything brothers are! Years ago, Tanner on my car because he didn't want me to leave
T and I mini golfing
I took them to the rope swing
Oh how I will miss these random messages!
Loved getting this "How good do I make this suit look?"
It's not goodbye, just see you later!
And of course I will miss the numerous times him and Ninnon have tried to catch me off guard to get a kiss or something from me.
Tonight is the rough night, but I really am so happy for him! As he was saying goodbye to his friends last night, watching him hug his girl best friend and both of them in tears I remembered all those emotions being on that side. (moving on with your life but now without your best friend). Jon of course thought it was retarded, and kept saying it goes by fast. I reminded him how we were those exact two five years prior, his response "I understand, but look I've been home for three years and did you even notice I was gone?" Honestly yes but I also see his point. I'll definitely notice not having him around but like I say I really am so happy for him and his decision to go! LOVE YOU TEASKIE!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Senior Dinner Dance

Senior Dinner Dance
Friends Forever

My Best Friend and Inspiration

My Best Friend and Inspiration
LOVE YOU MOM

Daddy Warbucks

Daddy Warbucks
Family Reunion